This policy covers how TBN treats personal information that TBN collects and receives, including information related to your past use of TBN services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that TBN does not own or control, or to people that TBN does not employ or manage.
The information we collect:
1. TBN collects personal information when you open an account on-line or register an existing account on our website.
2. When you open an account on-line, we ask for information such as your name, address, phone number, federal identification number, social security number and email address.
3. TBN automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including IP address, DNS address, date and time and your account number.
4. TBN uses the information for the following general purposes: to customize the content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, and to contact you.
5. TBN does not use persistent cookies or tracking mechanisms that collect personally identifying information on our site. Session based cookies are used to tailor the website to bring you more relevant content.
How the information is used and disclosed: TBN does not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
1. We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Confidentiality and Security:
1. TBN uses secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect the transmission of the information you submit to us when you open a trade account or access an existing account.
2. Email that you send us is not necessarily secure against interception. If your email communication includes sensitive information like your Social Security Number or credit card numbers, contact us by mail or telephone.
3. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
4. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Changes to policy: TBN may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the address we have on file or by placing a prominent notice on our site at least 30 days prior to any changes taking effect. You may contact us with any questions or concerns at:
The Barter Network
1101 West Kennedy Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32810
Effective Date: June 01, 2006